As Malta’s pioneer in the business, Emmanuele Azzopardi started out in 1898 by handcrafting jewellery from Valletta in one of the largest and most equipped workshops in Malta at the time, working to the commission of a highly exigent clientele. His name soon became synonymous with fine craftsmanship and, before long, his creations adorned the most fashionable members of society at the time. Many of these creations remain in private collections until today, preserved for generations as cherished heirlooms.
His son, Victor Azzopardi, joined the family business, working from the family homes in Valletta and Floriana, crafting and importing jewellery and silver pieces. In 1969 Victor Azzopardi Jewellers opened their first retail outlet in Floriana. Joseph Azzopardi, Victor’s eldest son, was the third generation to join the business and today runs Victor Azzopardi Jewellers along with his eldest son Luis.